Description

::imaginative introspection::

Imagine that all life is an illusion. All that exists is this moment. No past, no future, each memory, every plan, a part of the illusion. Life, in a photograph.

Do you like the image of yourself?

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Foreverman

I feel strong arms and hot flesh wrap around my body as you surround me, and safely cocooned by your body I sigh, content. 

I feel warm breath and soft lips brush against my neck as you whisper to me, 
and happy here I dream of more, so much more. 

It took me weeks to work up the courage to tell you, first quietly squeaking out that I haz the feels, watching you grin as I struggle to speak a truth you've already known. I fell for you weeks ago and you've been waiting for this. 

Now, safe and warm and surrounded by you, I listen to your snores and once I think you're asleep I whisper the truth. I love you. So quietly I barely hear it myself, yet, somehow you did, and you pull me in closer and kiss me and "I know"....

"I know"

I fall fast and hard and often and my heart has taken more chances than most. 

Here I am, handing it over to you freely...and you handle it so gently.

"I know"

I told you once to never say it unless you were absolutely sure. 

So, okay, you aren't there yet. These things can take some time, after all. 

Except, except I feel it when you pull me in for yet another goodbye kiss, not knowing when our next hello might be. 

"I know"

I told you once not to ever hurt me. Now you're trying to protect us both. 

Except my foolish heart and my foolish brain are in cahoots and I can't help but dream of a future with you.  I'm not even trying to stop the dreams from coming, now. 

I miss you terribly when we are apart, and ache to be near you, with you, always. You occupy my mind and sneak into daydreams and this...this must be a good thing.  

I won't regret a moment. 
I don't want it to end. 

I'm dreaming again, lover, 
that you're my foreverman. 


No comments:

Post a Comment