Description

::imaginative introspection::

Imagine that all life is an illusion. All that exists is this moment. No past, no future, each memory, every plan, a part of the illusion. Life, in a photograph.

Do you like the image of yourself?

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Grand Scheme

As I sat at my summer job, staring down at the sheet of 600 students I was to call that day, a strange thing happened. I was filled with joy--and across my face slowly spread a grin that would put the Cheshire cat to shame. You see, I realized that this awful, boring job, in all its glorious banality, was just a stage--and the fact that I was in this position meant that I was living my life--LIVING, not stuck in some dead end job with no hopes or dreams or goals. I have a plan, a grand scheme, some might say, that doesn't have an end-all stopping point, but in which each step leads to another more exhilarating step. Now as I realize that my job is one of these steps, I remind myself of the grand scheme.

I study life-and in essence it comes down to metabolism and reproduction-anything that can grow and replicate is alive, and the methods in which it accomplishes these things are incredible, intricate and interdependent. And so, in applying what I've learned so far to the path of my life- the directions in which I'm going and from which I've come, I learn more about myself, in order to make that path a bit smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment